I’m no sex expert, but I know many women are not comfortable with talking about sex toys. Even though studies show that 1 in 2 women owns one. Back in the day, it was really taboo to admit that you even knew what one was let alone owned one. If you did have one, a woman might discretely order through mail order company called Adam and Eve hoping it delivered in non-descript packaging. Times have certainly changed but I’m not sure attitudes have. No longer hidden down a seedy alley, now sex novelty shops are everywhere.
I regularly prescribe an adult toy or two to my single ladies for many reasons. Most of my advice sounds like total abstinence if possible especially in the first part of the dating process. I actually think that is the safest and best way but I also know that is unlikely that most people will ever consider that. So, I suggest using a toy for your own sanity and wellness. From experience I suggest it’s importance while dating as a way to stay focused when looking for a lasting relationship. But I also suggest it shouldn’t be quite as taboo as once considered. It’s not something to be shy about especially when you’re single. Even my married couples shouldn’t feel slight to add some spice to their sex life. This of course reminds me the time I bought some simple leopard print handcuffs for me and my husband. To make a short story shorter, we got all tangled up and landed on the floor. Hahahaha.. OMG! Oh well, so much for that.
The adult toy industry is a multi-billion dollar industry. This is not by accident. Many people think its only a guy thing. But no… women are a big market of users as well.
There are many reasons why women should have a sex toy.
- Stress relief – This is obvious to me. Dating is stressful. If not kinda dreadful for some people. This could be a great way to de-stress after a hard day or a hot date. When someone has an orgasm dopamine is released. This can relieve headaches, backaches, body aches and joint pain as well as get rid of a lot of stress.
- Safe Sex- I am kind of a germ-a-phobe and scared of STD’s. I’d rather be single forever than deal with that. Sex toys are safer than real sex. You can’t get an STD from a toy. So if you’re out and about dating around you can feel free to enjoy someone’s company without their unwelcome guests.
- Mojo Booster – I often talk about mojo. I define mojo as confidence. Sexual confidence. Part of having sexual confidence is knowing yourself. Sexual toys help you to know yourself. In order to get a guy that you want, then you should know yourself including what you like and don’t like. Then be able to communicate that with your partner. This is very attractive.
- Sex toys help you to achieve an orgasm. I was very shocked to find out that some women have never achieved an orgasm. I don’t know how that is possible. But many women don’t know how to express what they like. So if you’re able to figure it out yourself then you are capable of instructing them on how to make you feel good.
- Whenever, Wherever, Whatever – Got that feeling after work, in the morning, before that interview? You don’t have to wait until you have someone in your life. Express yourself.
- Cool as a cucumber -You don’t have to be blinded by some stupid guy cause he gives good sex. Stay away from desperation when you do meet someone.
If you don’t need it, then don’t buy one. But if you are one of those women that keep giving up the goods and can not figure out what you keep doing wrong or you are having a hard time finding a “good man”, try this. Get some sort of sex toy and avoid sleeping with the man of your desire for an amount of time that lets him get to know you. Stay cool, sexy, mysterious and on the right end of the chase.